6 Sept 2010

The latest scenery project.

The Silverfox recently gave me some Tau goodies to help with my newly expanding force. In thanks I commited to building him some scenery. Thankfully I managed to convince him to let me build something that I've had kicking around in my head for a while.

The diagram above is my design sketch for the project with a few of the details noted that I intend to include in the build. I actually started construction a week ago but I'm going to hold off posting piccies until I have finished and the Fox has seen it in person.

The central idea behind the design is that the basic church, which measures 3 foot by 2 foot, can have all of its parts spaced out even further so that the entire church could be spaced out to be the entire table. It also leaves the possibility open for extra sections to be added for special occasions like Apocalypse games.

So far I have made the Aquila floor section, the central columned section and the wall section to the left of the columns. I'm using a mix of blue foam and Hirst Arts blocks which has, so far, proven to be a good combination as the Hirst Arts blocks provide a nice level of details and the blue foam keeps the weight down.

I must say that I am really enjoying building this one!

3 comments:

Silverback said...

I can't wait to see this - you have missed your calling in life!

Von said...

I am sooooooooooooooooo excited I think I'll burst!

Is it ready yet???

:-)

JamieM said...

You truly are the mad scientist of terrain building ;)

Looks excellent and as it'll be up to par with the LotR Osgilliath stuff you did I'm sure it'll be ace!