27 Apr 2013

Droning On...

Firstly, and most importantly, our thoughts are with our GoGite friend as he prepares for another operation. Thinking of you young man!

Secondly I was looking around the other day for something to paint. I had very little spare time so wanted something quick and easy that would also be something I haven't painted before.

Yes I'm aware there are 32 cultists on the go but I fancied a break ok?!

So up stepped the Nurgle Plague Drones for my Daemons army. I'd built them when they first came out, finally managed to get them undercoated and then decided to base them using some German Armour (Desert) spray that I'd purchased ages ago for FoW.

After some careful slapping on of washes the results so far look quite reasonable I reckon.

Here's one of the three that are just about done now: just the riders and basing to do.

And speaking of the riders here is the chap with the bell...

All 3 of them should be done this weekend and then it's either back to the Cultists or get the Flesh Hounds done or maybe the Forgefiend or perhaps the 2000 points of Dark Eldar that I unearthed in the garage yesterday...

2 comments:

Silverback said...

Looking good m8, when I assembled mine I thought they would be hard to paint, but they are not. They are made to painted if you know what I mean. Every now and again you get a figure assemble it and struggle to see ow you will get the paint scheme right, or which colour to paint which bit.

Glad to see you follow the mantra of I want to paint my hobby stuff but not the thing on my painting table, wise move and one I try to follow.

Eddy Artillery said...

Love the corroded metal effect on the bell dude.