23 Jan 2010

Flames of War movement.

Thanks to Varistat man, I am back on to achieving my GoG army target for 2010, this will be a 2K pts force for the German Wehrmacht, late war.







He popped over on Thursday of this week and gave me a run out with them against his Russian force, which is very, very scary. The battalions are absolutely huuuuge! 16+ stands in each. And he still managed to get 4 Katyushas and two platoons of mixed T34-76's and T34-85's......cripes D.M!
One of the best units I have found to be the anti tank guns, particularly the PAK 40. This little baby has better anti-tank than the tanks carrying the same gun, it can dig in, which guns like the '88 can't and has bulletproof cover, with footproint of 32" it's a must.
These 4 guns were put together and painted in an afternoon, I based them using tile grit then painted this, I had also stuck some larger stones to the base prior to the grit.
Once painted they were highlighted. I then ventured to adding "tufts" Silflor in this case. I also added some clumpage foliage, from any railway hobby store and added some sprigs from an old Warhammer pre-painted and flocked hedge. (This has lasted me years, I still have a load of it left as well.)

I really wanted to show the before and after with these photos, my camera isn't the best unfortunately, so Ihave done what I can with these.

I love the finished effect, the combined terrain on the bases just lends loads to the figures themselves.








Hope you like them, next will be the Panzergrenadiers.
TTFN
BFG.

2 comments:

JamieM said...

Darn it, those PaK40s gave me fits all game - now they're painted they'll be in every list!

Very nice. I shall have to make sure the camo and basing don't make me miss them when they hide in terrain like they always seem to ;)

BFG said...

I have a shock admission, in Fortress Europe you can have only 3PAK 40's, I fielded 4....I know...I know, no surprises there eh!
I thought as the box comes with 4.....