6 Jan 2014

Deadzone start....

After the excitement of the big roll off for factions, I decided to get stuck into the Orx Marauders straight away. "Why on earth would you do that?" I hear you ask "Eddie doesn't even have his faction yet and Fox won't do his until March/April!". The simple answer is that I didn't really like them very much.....

Odd, right? Well, no matter how hard I tried not to do so, I couldn't help but work out my preferred forces for Deadzone, even though this wouldn't affect the result one jot and possibly lead to disappointment. On my list, the marauders were dead last, even behind the asterians, and we don't even know what they look like yet.

So, I decided that better than leaving them in their bags and not getting excited about them, I would leap straight in and try to like them. So, what did I learn? That I still don't like how messy the mould lines, etc are in mantic's figures. Say what you like about GW ( and I often do), their figures are so clean and well put together these days that they really set the bar. This issue would be the same for all of the factions though, so wasn't a knock on the marauders. I gave up on cleaning them and so have stuck them together and will clean the worst lines off at some point before spraying.....

Without further ado, here they are..... You do get a large amount of kit with them and I only had to ask for one extra piece that was missing, so kudos to Mantic for that.


No comments: