8 Oct 2008

250pts Complete - with the help of the Silver Fox









Yes gentlemen, consider the gauntlet thrown down (only to be picked up by a granny and put on the nearest railing), I have completed my 250 for this month.



But why, I hear you ask, and how, you also ask, has the Silverfox helped you. Well, since meeting him last week I have become seriously infected with his man-flu-itus and have not been at work on tuesday or wednesday. Hence, more time to assemble and paint the 250.



So as some of you know I have painted orks before, and I have also painted orcs before. So I had a technique which involved the use of a special mix of inks/washes that I have in a pot. This technique was later tweaked with advice from Mr Artillery, and now thrown out by me. Instead of my secret formula of inks/washes from various manufacturers, I have used Devlan Mud to wash over the figures. This dries matt and looks great and really adds a dirty look to the Orks.



I am very impressed with the way that the trukk has come out it looks great, although the pics never do them justice.



So all done, just basing to do at some point. Now onto the collection of Romans, or the Pirate scenery, or Pirate Boats, or more cowboys or even cowboy scenery.




Can I also add that I had forgotten exactly how disgusting Goblin Green tastes!!!

1 comment:

Von said...

Glad to be of service!

And that is truly a gauntlet thrown; I shall have to dig deep...

All looks good mate and those new washes are rather good aren't they?